Flavorless food is boring, bland, and undesirable. If you are tired of tasteless food or want the family to enjoy meals a little bit more, there are ample ways to bring flavor to the feast. The five ideas below provide a great starting point to help you get started.
1. Pepper Pep-up: One of the simplest ways to add flavor to your dishes is with pepper. Red, green, and yellow varieties add flavor to nearly any dish that you prepare, especially veggies and meats.
2. Seasoning & Spices: The true flavor of food is found in the spices and seasonings that you use in the preparation (and of course the prep method.) A good cook knows that having several spices on hand at all times is essential. You need steak seasoning, sausage seasonings, ground beef seasonings, and many others.
3. Salt: There are several styles of salt available. Coarse salt is best for meats. Sprinkle coarse salt on top of meats, pound them, and allow them to refrigerate for at least 45-minutes for best flavor.
4. Don’t Rush: One of the biggest mistakes cooks make in the kitchen is rushing to prepare food. Nothing good ever happens when you rush, especially a delicious meal. Take your time when preparing and cooking meals and they’re sure to taste much better than before.
5. Try Something New: It is essential to try new things in the kitchen. The only way you will know if it tastes good is to give it a try. Tons of recipes and online cooking websites, YouTube videos, etc. make this easy if you are looking for a few ideas. Of course, unique and original recipes are the best.
The five ideas above make it easy to enjoy your meals a little bit more. Don’t be shy and incorporate these ideas into your kitchen.